Some new important updates for Windows, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Shockwave Player and Adobe Reader have been published. It's really important to apply these updates to maintain your computer stable and secure.
For information, you can subscribe to General Changelog Team Newsletter to be notified when an important update for your softwares is available. To subscribe, please enter a username and a mail adress in the fields in the bottom left corner. Then, tick the boxes which correspond to the newsletter in the language you want.
Adobe Flash Player is a plugin included in several browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari...), required to display webpages using the Flash technology.
A new release of this software is available since today to fix security issues. If this software is present in your computer, you should uninstall it and upgrade to the last release (11.8.800.168 for Windows and MacOS) :
- Close all your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari...)
- Open the Windows Control Panel to uninstall Adobe Flash Player ActiveX (used by Internet Explorer) and Adobe Flash Player Plugin (used by other browsers).
- Download the latest release here .
- Before clicking on "Download", untick the box to refuse sponsoring software ("McAfee Security Scan" or "Google toolbar").
- Start the installation.
Adobe Shockwave Player (also a plugin for web browsers) have been updated for security reasons. The instructions to update are the same as above, except the download page : https://get.adobe.com/shockwave/
Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat Reader have also been updated to fix security issues. If you use these software, you should install the newest version (Adobe Reader and Acrobat 11.0.04) :
- Open the Windows Control Panel to uninstall Adobe Reader and/or Adobe Acrobat
- Download the latest release on the official page (Adobe Reader) and here for Adobe Acrobat
- Before clicking on "Download", untick the box to refuse sponsoring software ("McAfee Security Scan" or "Google Toolbar")
- Start the installation.
The monthly patches of Windows have been published, it's important to apply these updates :
- If you haven't changed the default settings, Windows Update will apply these updates automatically, you just have to reboot the computer once it's done.
- If you have disabled automatical updates (not recommended), you have to launch Windows Update manually. Open the "Windows Start Menu" and navigate to "Programs" (or "All programs"). When Windows Update is launched, you have to search for updates and apply the recommanded updates. Once it's done, reboot the computer.